Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Stitching away from home

That's right, I have so much to tell you and show you that I am going to have 2 postings today.

First I will start with last weeks stitching trip. Six of us met in Tulsa to spend a few days stitching and shopping. Although a little chilly on our first day there the rest of the weekend was beautiful.
Below is just a few of the things that we had going.


Linda worked on a second Christmas stocking for her Grandson. Here they both are, although the pic isn't very detailed these stockings really are.


Elaine brought this fun piece she had just finished, but I didn't catch who the designer was. She spent most of her time on a beautiful Art Stitch design.


Elaine worked on this Cedar Hill design as well as a Nancy's Needle counted thread piece that was just amazing.

Wanda and Rebecca were both diligent stitchers but I wasn't so diligent about my picture taking so I didn't get their things photographed. Wanda was working on a large Deb Bee's counted thread design on a bright yellow canvas. Rebecca, stitched a fun halloween cat design that she came very close to finishing. It was on this great purple overdyed linen.

So what did I do you ask? Well nothing nearly as dramatic as the others but I did have a couple of finishes.

Firstly, I finished up the Friends piece from Jeannette Douglas designs.


I even purchased a frame for this while out shopping. Secondly was the Woman's work design from Valentine Stitchery that I got a small start on before I got there. It fits into a premade frame that holds a note pad saying "...is never done"


This one gave me a little trouble when it didn't match up at the bottom, but Wanda spotted my error quickly and I was able to unstitch and get it right. In fact the blasted frog hit all of us at some point in the weekend, some more than once. It had to be the frog not all the talking and stash sharing that was going on.

Oh wait, there is a thirdly. I actually started and finished this little counted thread design from Hand Blessings.


Then there was shopping. I didn't hold back much on that. Here is a pic of the main items, but there was also a couple of vera bradley things and lots of threads for other projects to come. Some fabric for a couple of patterns I purchased online recently and little giftie items.


The Valdani threads in this pic are for Quaker Diamonds which I have had for a while and now I just need fabric. I will also have to finish the big piece I just started on our weekend. It is not really much of a start but it was a goal to get it basted on the scroll rods and make a start. Now I can leave it out to work on at home.

The fabric is actually moonglow a nice yellowy cream color so the pic is terrible. This will be the Blessings and Grace pineapple house blessing from Glendon Place that I have mentioned starting several times. It is stitched on 28ct over 2 with 1 strand of Simple Wool thread from Gentle Arts. So far I love working with the thread. It is so soft and not itchy like wool at all.

One more weekend photo.

 This was to be a weekend door prize as I had all 4 parts to the series, but it turned into a group round robin. So I have to go find fabric and get the first part complete and pass it on. A couple in the group will share a part so that we all have a hand in it. Maybe this can be a tradition and everyone can pick a series they like for us to stitch as a group. After a few dozen retreat weekends we could each have our own round robin pieces to display at home an remind us of these fun trips.

Where to next time gals?



No comments: