Monday, February 04, 2013
February starts with a finish
Such a great way to start the new month. I started this fun easy stitch to do on Tuesday evenings with some stitching friends, but then I could never seem to get away from work to join them. This weekend I just decided to finish it up on my own.
by Cross Eyed Cricket
I also made some progress on my border study in red but I will wait for a little more before taking another picture. The only other thing I worked on this last week was the little over one scissor fob. The front side is almost done, just the bottom and the year to add then it's on to the reverse side, which is almost identical.
This has actually been less strain on my eyes than I thought it would be, but I didn't attempt anymore after I ended up with a migraine on Friday.
With the Harvest Sampler done, I need something new to work on. I got the fabric for My Pocket by La-D-Da then couldn't find the two Needlepoint Inc silks that it called for. I tried it with DMC but on the 35 ct tin roof linen from Weeks Dye Works it just didn't look right to me. I may have just thought of where the black NPI silk is, and if I find it in the morning, I have a substitute Kreinik pink silk that will work with it. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I really want to make this for my dentist of many years.
If this doesn't work I am sure there is something else that will call to me. I will check in with you all next weekend, hopefully with a new start to share.
CJ in OK