Monday, February 04, 2013

February starts with a finish

Such a great way to start the new month. I started this fun easy stitch to do on Tuesday evenings with some stitching friends, but then I could never seem to get away from work to join them. This weekend I just decided to finish it up on my own.

 
Harvest Sampler
by Cross Eyed Cricket
 
I also made some progress on my border study in red but I will wait for a little more before taking another picture. The only other thing I worked on this last week was the little over one scissor fob. The front side is almost done, just the bottom and the year to add then it's on to the reverse side, which is almost identical.
 
 
This has actually been less strain on my eyes than I thought it would be, but I didn't attempt anymore after I ended up with a migraine on Friday.
 
With the Harvest Sampler done, I need something new to work on. I got the fabric for My Pocket by La-D-Da then couldn't find the two Needlepoint Inc silks that it called for. I tried it with DMC but on the 35 ct tin roof linen from Weeks Dye Works it just didn't look right to me. I may have just thought of where the black NPI silk is, and if I find it in the morning, I have a substitute Kreinik pink silk that will work with it. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I really want to make this for my dentist of many years.
  
If this doesn't work I am sure there is something else that will call to me. I will check in with you all next weekend, hopefully with a new start to share.
 
CJ in OK


9 comments:

Chris said...

Lovely projects. I love the little fob.
I know that you will find something to start soon. Maybe it isn't time for the La-D-Da piece.
HAve a great week!

Karen said...

Starting the month with a finish definitely is a great way to begin February! And such a cute little finish too! :)

Good luck finding your silk thread! Hopefully, you can find a decent substitute instead if you can't find it.

Mary said...

Great finish and the little fob is going to be adorable! I'm sure it won't be hard to find something else to stitch... LOL

Nicola said...

I adore your scissor fob. It is always the hardest part choosing your next project.

Cathy B said...

It's great to see you posting again CJ!

Parsley said...

New follower here from OK as well.

Love the harvest finish and the colors of the bird in the next WIP are lovely!

Margaret said...

I have a similar problem - so much to chose from and I don't know which to start:-)

Chris said...

Good finish, its very pretty..
thank you for visiting my blog I am discovering some lovely blogs.. Love reading back on what you have done
Chris x

Brigitte said...

That's a great finish, and the little scissor fob will look fantastic.
Looking forward to seeing what new project you chose.