Sunday, March 10, 2013

2 Finishes and 1 Start

Well this is rare for me. I actually have two finishes and only one new start. I am sure I will remedy that in no time. But first things first.
 
Faster than I had expected I have "Red Border Study II" from Heron House Designs completed. This was very fun, and once I decided to make it my "at home" main project it went really quickly.
 

The framed one on the right, as you can see, is the one I did some time ago that I found in a magazine. They offered the part II as a companion piece you could order. I have never liked the framing on this one, a DIY project of mine. So I am looking forward to having them both framed to match. Some day, there will be one for each of my children's homes.

With this finish I was able to get started, a little, on the La-D-Da piece for my dentist called "My Pocket"

My Pocket_sm
 

This is being done on the 35ct Weeks Dye Works linen called Tin Roof, over 2 with one strand of Needlepoint Inc. silk, as called for on the pattern. 
 
 
Finally, it's no surprise I finished up "A Little Easter" designed by Lizzie*Kate, since it was very close to finished last weekend. This was fun and I am really going to try and finish-finish this up before this Easter. Maybe a box or flat fold finish, we'll see.
 
 
 
I also have a few other "Little" designs from Lizzie*Kate so I may try to fit them all in this year. They are fun little projects and come with the fabric and button.

Now, I have no reason not to get started on my Pineapple Welcome project from Glendon Place. So I may try to get a real start on that by next Friday and Saturday, if none of the new things I ordered don't sidetrack me. Yes, that's right, I ordered a few new things. I just couldn't resist, Lizzie*Kate's a Needleworker for one. I will share them all when they arrive next week.

Talk to you again soon, until then, Happy Stitching.
CJ in OK



9 comments:

Nicola said...

Well done on two beautiful finishes. They will look so good hung side by side.

Chris said...

I love the red border studies. They will look so great in their new frames.
The Lizzie Kate piece is so cute too.
Have a great week!

Cathy B said...

Love those two red samplers! Please share another photo once they are framed!

Enjoy your week!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Your samplers are beautiful! Your children will be thrilled! The little Lizzie Kate is adorable.

Margaret said...

Those red samplers will look so wonderful hanging side by side. So pretty! I'm glad you're having both framed. Love your little Easter finish as well. And the La D Da piece looks great so far too!

Carol said...

Your finishes are wonderful--love the two red samplers and of course, the tiny LK chicks are adorable :)

Faye said...

Nice stitches CJ!! Good luck in my giveaway drawing....

Karen said...

The samplers are beautiful and it is so nice that your children will each have one to hang on their walls someday.

The Lizzie Kate design is really cute! Might just get added to my wish list. :)

Margaret said...

Those companion pieces are simply wonderful. Well done.